List Archives

Mean Fiddler, 6th April

  • Subject: Mean Fiddler, 6th April
  • From: Michael H Whitworth <michael.whitworth@el...ox.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 00:37:23 +0100

Mean Fiddler, 6th April: They were fabulous. Wojtek returned: cables got unplugged, water got spilled, and it was just like old times. Julian [Pransky] Poole was on fire, or at least his fretboard and wah- wah were. Gerard seemed to be enjoying himself. The new stuff sounded much meatier than it does on the record, tho' I must confess I've only had time to listen to the record twice. Days of 49 sounded almost like it was mutating into a dance anthem; Yr Own World was great; Tree Full of Starlings was good.

There were several people near the front taking photos: anyone from the list?

Michael