List Archives

Nottingham Gig

  • Subject: Nottingham Gig
  • From: "Jon Ward" <jon.ward1@ze...co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:51:54 +0100

Did anyone else enjoy last night as much as I did, I haven't seen them
since
1990, and whilst recently reliving my youth going to quite a few gigs, many
of these up and coming bands could learn a thing or two from the blue
aeroplanes.

The set list was as I've seen, and there was only about 75 there, all my
age
(early thirtees!) and older and were very reserved at the beginning, fair
play to the bloke who danced on his own at the front from Jacket hangs
onwards, and by the time they did an stones everyone was bopping about like
they were 18 again, fantastic!

I have to say the new songs were much better live than on altitude, a much
bigger sound live, and rodney's replacement (if that's what we're calling
him) was top notch. The band seemed to enjoy themselves like someone has
previously said at Liverpool it was just great to see them again, well
worth
the 3 hour round trip.

And my ears are still ringing! The guitar sound was awesome.

As we were two of the 5 to see the first support saturation point I think
(which included drummer, bass player and rodney's replacement) again great
to see the drums being played with just hands!!

Anyway back to being 30 plus again, until next time!!!!