List Archives

Nottingham gig

  • Subject: Nottingham gig
  • From: John Murray <jm60owl@gm...com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 09:35:27 +0000

Excellent gig in Nottingham last night - an initially tepid audience
eventually won over by sheer enthusiasm and a great performance. The high
stage didn't help much but Mike still managed to leap off it and play in
the audience during the first encore!

The new album was played in full again - utter classic. It's already in my
top two Aeros albums.  ;-)

Having seen this line up play several times now, I think that Mike, Bec
and Gerard S are right up there with the best guitarists the band have
ever had:  '...And Stones' last night was blistering.

I'd like to see Mike get more of a full vocal spot now and again - I know
he has the voice!

Finally, Chris - don't ever go wireless - your lead mishaps during
'Breaking' last night were priceless! And you nailed 'Fun' - again!

John