List Archives

Re: Western Stars

  • Subject: Re: Western Stars
  • From: Drdaeve@ao...com
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:10:00 EST

Friendsloversplanes,

I love 'Hard Object' and the other AO single 'Showing Off to Impress the
Girls' as much as anything recorded under the BA flag - & I still owe
somebody (I
know who, just don't want to start a deluge) a scoop or three for
providing me
with a CD burn of Bagpipe Music. I find it much easier to listen to than
Bop
Art...when the Art Objects morphed into the Blue Aeroplanes I really
couldn't
spot the join, particularly when seeing them perform live....the Art
Objects
are the greatest live rock'n'roll band I've ever seen, except for the Blue
Aeroplanes, who are just as good...they don't call him Greatest Living
Englishman
for nothing, you know!

My boss loves the Blue Aeroplanes but has never seen them live, which is
interesting...I've always introduced virgins to the BAs via the live
performance,
not had the same success by playing people the records...

take care sisters & brothers

DrDx