List Archives

Re: Brighton stage times

  • Subject: Re: Brighton stage times
  • From: GORDON WILHELMI <gordon.wilhelmi192@bt...com>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 01:40:12 +0000 (GMT)

Patterns gig ;
For some reason we used to laugh like hyenas at a tea-towel from an Aunt
in New Zealand; 'It's long, but not very wide'. Ha ha ha ha....
Conversely, basement gig space at Patterns is very wide, but not very deep.
Didn't matter much to the gang though, they gassed it before, and during a
fabulous gig. 'Dead Tree' opened it up, only had a week since getting the
album, but would guess the rest of it was done pretty much according to
the card ? X's, Sweet etc. If 'Wild Things' has become a stand out for
some already, I have taken a shine to 'Retro Moon', but they absolutely
nailed 'Poetland' tonight, total passion.
Everyone looking and sounding great after a fair try-out on the Road, I
appreciate Gerard's pugnaciousness about nostalgia exercises etc, and
everything from 'Welcome' was tighter than Islington last week, but but I
think a lot of the Pony Boy banter is now only from flp's gently rattling
his cage, n'est ce pas ? Any band in the world would be glad to have songs
like that up their sleeve, but that's where they need to stay sometimes;
this is not the Rolling Stones, after all....
But.....' Oak Apple Day' did it for me, coming out of the blue, I tried to
place it, with eyes closed. Rolling Stones at their laziest best a loooong
time ago.
Thanks to the gang for banging on, and to our moderator Steve for this
space to bang on about it, I hate facebook.