List Archives

1988 vs 2017

  • Subject: 1988 vs 2017
  • From: "Mike" <mike@ma...plus.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 20:35:13 -0000

Some old music papers surfaced in the house the other day including a
Melody
Maker piece on the Aeroplanes by Simon Reynolds from May 1988. Which
starts:

"They're the most effortlessly effervescent band in the land. A supreme
live
experience, Blue Aeroplanes on stage are like a hive of accelerated protons
and neutrons. They make joy tangible in the air, a palpitating presence.
They teem, brim over."

Not much changes, huh?

Mike M
http://manicpopthrills.wordpress.com

PS

"We're very pragmatic about what we need to do to succeed: I wouldn't rule
out working with Stock, Aitken and Waterman, I really wouldn't, not if it
was a question of our words, our chords."