List Archives

Drunk!

  • Subject: Drunk!
  • From: Lisa Ash <chipaway@th...freeserve.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:40:12 +0100

I'm still here! "Popping up" after a hen night (possibly not the best time to email, considering these ridiculous false nails and my consumption of heroic doses of wine, making typing REALLY hard, but I'll do me best!)...

Hello Jenny! London here, lived in Bristol for a bit - wish I was still there really, but they talk funny ["where're you to?", I mean, what does that MEAN? ...And apparently, it means many things..!)

Think I've only ever seen them at The Fiddlers and then only twice (both times, brilliant!) but favourite time seeing Gerard was at (I think! Can't really remember, obviously far too drunk) The Blue Room (or something) in Tottenham Court Road, when he did an acoustic thing (with people who you lot would know, but I would'nt have a clue who they were even if they bit me on the arse! One of them was called John... No, not his brother, I know him! But a nice guy none the less). My boyfriend at the time got chatting to Gerard at the bar and (jealous!), I went and butted in and discovered Gerard was not as scary as he'd like to be. He signed Record Player for me and now he's me mate! So, it's my favourite gig coz (a) I got to meet a God amongst lyricists and (b) I made a top friend.

And that's my little story. Now I need tea and a darkened room... Possibly also some Alka Seltzer... Night gang!

(PS - Still nagging about Ashton Court, no answers yet, but will try my best to make it so!)

Night 'n' that.
Lisa