List Archives

Ruth Cochrane

  • Subject: Ruth Cochrane
  • From: "Paul Vallis" <paulvallis@ho...com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:50:19 +0000

Just been going through deleting some old e-mails, and came across one from Richard about Ruth Cochrane's bass playing, posted in response to my news at the time (way back in August - yes, I am that disorganised!) that Ruth was playing a gig with Hazel.

I met Ruth the other night at a party.  She is still playing bass, with a band called the Forest Giants.  Not sure if they are planning any live outings, but I'll let you know if they are.  They've issued a 7 inch (aaah, real vinyl!) single called Postcards on Invisible Hands Music.  Managed to blag a copy with a view to playing it on the radio next week.  The bass playing is great and quite high up in the mix.  The overall sound reminds me a bit of The House Of Love, maybe a bit of the Bunnymen too.  Rather good.

PV1