List Archives

Aeroplanes

  • Subject: Aeroplanes
  • From: "edward gay" <edwardgay@ho...com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:05:05 +0000

Went to see the aeroplanes at Fiddlers club on Fri 5th Dec.They were terrific although the sound seemed slightly unbalanced in the first half.But "Breaking in my Heart" was a storming reminder of why theyre such a great band.I spoke to Rodney Allen before the gig and he informed me the band had recorded loads of material but was unclear when any of it was going to be released,instructing me to ask Gerard which unfortunately I was unable to do.Its a shame for all us aeroplane fanatics that the band only release material on a highly irregular basis.I was told by Art Star as long ago as March 2002 that an album's worth of material had been recorded and that the band were touting the material around various distribution companies to try and secure  a British and American release.I remember watching Big World Cafe in 1990 during which the aeroplanes were being highlighted as one of the bands to watch for the future.Their star seemed to rise 92-94 and then dwindle with line up changes etc.Its still hard to believe theyve only released one CD of semi new material(Cavaliers) in 7 years

Personalise your e-mails with photos, expressive graphics and stationery - sign up for MSN 8 today! _______________________________________________ The Blue Aeroplanes Mailing List http://www.blueaeroplanes.com/ Post: Blueplanes@st...net Subscribe/Unsubscribe/Info: http://lists.sthomas.net/mailman/listinfo/blueplanes