List Archives

Re: Glastonbury 92

  • Subject: Re: Glastonbury 92
  • From: Rob Fawcett <robhdean@ya...co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:23:37 +0100 (BST)

I used to have access to the R1 archive & I don't
remember there being a longer recording on the shelf
than was transmitted. If a set was transmitted other
than absolutely live, the live music producer would
prepare a DAT (or whatever) for TX matched to the
duration required for broadcast. This would then be
put into archive by the broadcast producer after TX
(so long as it didn't get lost in the back of some
drawer).

When the heroic long-time archivist Phil took early
retirement from R1 it all moved to central archives.
Of course sometimes things have showed up at the BBC I
was convinced were not there - it's a big place...

Best,

=== message truncated ===>