List Archives

Re: RE: Blueplanes Digest, Vol 12, Issue 34

  • Subject: Re: RE: Blueplanes Digest, Vol 12, Issue 34
  • From: Ewan Milne <ewan.milne@bt...com>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:39:04 +0100

Jason wrote:

Rodney wasn't the only Aeroplane capable of throwing
his rattle out of the cot. Gerard lost it once before
going on stage at Glastonbury (think it was the '92
show which was recorded for Radio and available on
> various CD's) - something about being 5 minutes delayed
and having to take a song out of the set - and promptly
threw a chair out of a portacabin window. I thought this
very rock 'n' roll at the time but less so Michael Eavis
who promptly banned the band from appearing again. Gerard
apologied some years later and the band played again 5 or
6 years after the incident.

Was that the Glastonbury set where Television were also on the bill, and I believe Tom Verlaine actually joined in on Breaking In My Heart (I say I *believe* this to be the case, I definitely saw this set, but wasn't entirely in a fit state to tell exactly who was or wasn't onstage at the end...)

I did also see Michael Eavis in the audience of a Bristol show a few years later (at the Folk House?), this may have been when the rapprochement took place...