List Archives

Re: BA's at Harbourside Festival!

  • Subject: Re: BA's at Harbourside Festival!
  • From: Ewan Milne <ewan.milne@bt...com>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:09:36 +0100

Paul wrote:

Is Katie the fiddle player? Where did Gerard find her? She didn't look entirely comfortable up there, particularly during the songs where she wasn't needed, but she played well.

Well, she's so young she can be forgiven a little stage fright. As you say though, it didn't seem to affect her playing at all, which definitely added vital colour to the overall sound.

and also:

> ...stood there not really knowing what to do with herself for the
> other songs, a slightly bemused smile upon her face.  I'm not sure
> she'd ever seen Gerard dancing before!

Well, it is a potentially bemusing spectacle, you must admit. Somewhat like watching Jonathan Meades being possessed by the spirit of Mick Jagger...