List Archives

Re: Rodney Sorbet

  • Subject: Re: Rodney Sorbet
  • From: EDoxtator <doc6502@ya...com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

--- Lisa Ash <chipaway@th...freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> I appreciate that, I really do (honest guv!)

I knew I was sounding too crusty when I hit the Send button!  Sorry about
that.

> but last time I checked,
> no-one was paying me a fee for 2 columns in the NME!  ;o)

Yeah, when you get that gig, you owe me a pint ;-)

> And also,
> perhaps, to Rodney, that's as honest as it gets - sometimes the
> simplest of things can be the most beautiful (I think it was Coleridge
> who pointed that out?!)

Simple is some of the best music there is (IMHO)-- Nick Drake, Robyn
Hitchcock
solo, Pavement, The Smiths, etc.  But then again, you've got Swagger, with
those multiple leads, Gerard doing... well, whatever it is that Gerard
does...

What I meant is that it's nearly impossible for me to read the NME or Q for
reviews-- they're so damn busy being clever-clever.  I'm now at the point
that
I just scan the reviews to see what's out (Q's section on re-issues is
particularly useful).

-Doc