List Archives

Re: losing your virginity....!

  • Subject: Re: losing your virginity....!
  • From: "Paul Vallis" <paulvallis@ho...com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:13:29 +0000

Another bristol boy here. I remember wandering across the field at Ashton Court Festival, probably a bit drunk, I have no idea in which year, and coming across a band singing a song about Severn Beach. Can remember a couple of gigs at the Victoria Rooms as well, again I'm hazy on the years.

I guess the "blowing the PA" incident at the Fleece that PV2 remembers may have actually been when they had a "noise limiter" or something that the Council at the time insisted on as part of their live music licence. It was basically a decibel meter, which shut down the PA when things got too loud. I remember it being tripped at a couple of gigs there, although I missed the 92 Xmas gig as I was abroad. There was a similar noise limiter in the Brewhouse (now the Croft) when I used to promote the odd gig there. It never affected me as I only promoted acoustic gigs, but I did note that the sensor had a sock permanently taped over it!

PV1