List Archives

Re: And another thing.....

  • Subject: Re: And another thing.....
  • From: "Nick Walters" <nickw@bl...co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 23:06:02 +0100

Paul Vallis said: Robyn Hitchcock, of whom I believe Gerard is an admirer
- at least he wrote a review of a Hitchcock gig
in Venue a while back.  The title track of Hitchcock's Queen Elvis album
appears on the subsequent album Eye, and the title track of You and
Oblivion
appears on Moss Elixir. Perhaps Nick whose computer seems to be possessed
by a malevolent sprite
will confirm any further examples?

Only one other Robyn's first solo album is called "Black Snake Diamond
Role", and there's a Soft Boys song called "Black Snake Diamond Rock."

NW2

PS The malevolent sprite has been exterminated.