List Archives

Re: Re: Consequences

  • Subject: Re: Re: Consequences
  • From: "Neville Street" <nevstreet@ho...com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:29:57 +0100

Ahem sorry Lisa, it's the only thing I could think of which may have been
mildly funny. Now as for being a virgin horse.. enough!

Revised lyric with Lisa's late addition (please no references to children,
stars, gold, Myrrh franknonsense et al)

Consequences
Time is a country

They say you hurt the ones you love,

but I don't think it's true.

The ones you love,

they're just the ones who're prepared to be hurt by the things you do.
'Hi, how are you. How's it goin?'

It's bullet-proof, waterproof, proof against fire and bombs through the
roof

It's ninety for the plane, eighty for the shipping,

now does that make any sense?

If I can't talk to her I'd like to talk about her

I met your train

a haze of perception brought buildings closer and
sounds from further away
In ten years everything will bleach to primer, and we'll lie in the light,
grass bank ghosts.

It ain't our country, we just live here

Run, jump, sing, shout...

Close your eyes and throw your arms around whoever you think it is!

Nev