List Archives

Re: Re: Ashton Court

  • Subject: Re: Re: Ashton Court
  • From: "Paul Vallis" <paulvallis@ho...com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:18:43 +0000

Bizarre. I've received Lis's reply to Phillip the Fifth's email but still have not received Phil's original post. Ho hum.

Anyway, I second Lis's Ashton Court recommendation, whether the Planes play there or not. As I'm sure Gerard knows, under normal circumstances you have to actually APPLY to play at Ashton Court. This probably doesn't count for the couple of bigger headline acts who play there, but unfortunately I doubt that the Planes draw enough water to be able to pull that one off any more, particularly for a spot on one of the main 2 stages. They might have played there almost every year for a while in the 80's, but that was the 80's. But having said that, I'm Gerard has quite a few contacts, and could possibly arrange something like last year's performance, which was in a tent but not the Acoustic/Roots/Whatevertheycallit tent.

We shall see. Or maybe we won't, as last year's appearance was arranged too late to get into the programme, and I know a couple of people who missed it through simply not knowing it was on.

Maybe they'll put it up on the website......

PV1