List Archives

The Aeroplanes

  • Subject: The Aeroplanes
  • From: "edward gay" <edwardgay@ho...com>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 10:18:53 +0000

Just a thought.Its great that this site has been resurrected and judging by the amount of mail since December it proves what an interesting and enigmatic band the aeroplanes are.It would be completely boring to have a band release one album a year tour regularly-we'd all be fed up to the back teeth and bored of talking about them.But with a band that produce one album every five years ,play one date(two dates this year!)per year and boast a quixotic beat poet philosopher like Gerard who no-one least himself knows what he's going to do next ,is frustrating but terribly intriguing.Thats why were all writing masses of e mails to each other trying to second guess when the albums going to come out and whether the band are ever going to tour again.The fact is that when they do produce product it may be poorly recorded,shambolic in places but its worth it for the mark of shere genius that runs thru most of the material.Thats why we all love em.Id far rather wait 5 years for a track like"Breaking in my Heart"than have to listen to the dried up derivative trash that Oasis fling out at regular intervals siince their creative muse ran dry after "Whats the Story Morning Glory"

Subscribe to MSN 8 today for a better internet experience and save over 25% on the usual price! _______________________________________________ The Blue Aeroplanes Mailing List http://www.blueaeroplanes.com/ Post: Blueplanes@st...net Subscribe/Unsubscribe/Info: http://lists.sthomas.net/mailman/listinfo/blueplanes