List Archives

RE: FW: Gerard Gig

  • Subject: RE: FW: Gerard Gig
  • From: "Doxtator, Edward" <edoxtator@sp...com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:21:11 -0500

An indirect-booze story, sorta... last time the Aeros came to Chicago on
the
Life Model tour in '94 (wow that long ago?) they played a great gig at The
Double Door.  I went with a friend of mine named Kate, who was visiting
over
that weekend.  Her plane landed at about three hours before the gig, so I
collected her from O'Hare, we dumped her gear at my place, and went
straight
to the club.  The Aeros were in fine form, and they ended with a killer
version of "Pony Boy".  We left the club shortly after that to get a drink
someplace quieter and have a talk.

After a couple of hours, we left the bar and made our way back to my place,
and the route took us past the Double Door.  Who's out front but Gerard and
a few other folks?  I figured I'd never have the chance again, so I rudely
interrrupted, introduced myself, and told him how much I dug the show, and
how great the entire experience was and that I'd waited a long long long
time to see the band live, and what a gas it was, gush, gush, gush.  Gerard
(mind you, it's 1.00 AM, and he's wearing sunglasses) looked at me and said
how great it was that they could come back, and that they had a good time,
yadda, yadda, yadda.  He's sorta staggering around, looking very much like
John Sessions, even with the sunglasses.

At this point, my friend Kate walks up to Gerard, puts her little hand in
his, and says something like I've never heard of your band before, and I've
never seen you.  But I had such a good time at the gig that tomorrow I'm
going to go buy all of your records.  And she kisses him on the cheek.  At
this point, Gerard's sunglasses get a lusty sheen, and he snakes his arm
round her waist and says, "Oh, c'mon, luv give us a proper one."  And BOOM,
they're snogging in the street.  Everyone's standing there, slightly
open-mouthed, not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, a dark-haired woman taps Gerard on the shoulder and says, "We
HAVE
to go."  The lip-lock is disengaged, and they say goodnight and scupper off
into a waiting taxi.

Kate was slightly giggly for the rest of her visit.

In Starfucking 2, I'll relate the story of getting blind drunk with Pat...
which isn't any great shakes, as a good many folks have done that :)

-Doc