List Archives

Re: New boy

  • Subject: Re: New boy
  • From: "Katrina " <xxxxx@us...net>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 10:01:00 -0700

> When did I say that I was English?  Colorado born and bred.

Whereabouts in Colorado, Rich?  I'm in Fort Collins.

> Which American bands would you consider to be worthy of the highest
musical
> praise?
>
> My short list would include The Judybats, The Handsome Family, Giant
> Sand/Calexico, American Music Club, Lambchop, Uncle Tupelo, Yo La Tengo,
and
> of course, Tom Waits (if he is considered a 'band').

Rich, have you ever heard of a local band called Carolyn's Mother?
(http://www.carolynsmother.com).  Nothing spectacular, but probably some
of the
better music to originate in Colorado.  I think most of the US bands tend
come from rainy or humid locations.  But then again, as soon as I start to
generalise....

:)

Katrina.

begin:vcard