List Archives

Re: Jazz Butcher

  • Subject: Re: Jazz Butcher
  • From: "Aaron Mandel" <aaron@ee...harvard.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:49:40 -0700

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Nora K. Horsfall wrote:

> Um, on the off chance that anyone else on this list was planning to go
> to the Jazz Butcher show here in Pittsburgh this coming Monday, it's
> been moved from Club Laga (which I think is a rotten place anyway) to
> the Millvale Industrial Theater.

and if anyone is wavering on seeing the Conspiracy, do it! i'm a casual
fan -- i've picked up most of the mid-period albums used and like some of
the songs better than others... i almost didn't go because the new live
album was so self-parodistically cheesy, but i'm glad i did. they started
off slow, then brought the rhythm section onstage one at a time for the
"rock" part of the show. Max Eider did three or four of his songs, and the
band played old songs, new songs (from an upcoming album called Rotten
Soul) and even some medium-old songs from a different incarnation of the
Jazz Butcher, the identities of which i will leave as a surprise. they
were alternately great-and-tight and great-and-sloppy.

i am now proudly wearing my new "I thought it had stopped." JBC t-shirt.

aaron

---
The Blue Aeroplanes mailing list.