List Archives

Re: Double booking

  • Subject: Re: Double booking
  • From: "Jof Powell" <jof@ya...com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 00:25:44 -0700
  • Cc: <ulen@mi...com>

The Womad / Truck 2000 Mystery Solved!

In the July issue of Nightshift (the Oxford music magazine), Robin
Bennet - organiser of Truck 2000 and singer with Whispering Bob is
interviewed:

Q.  How did you get the Blue Aeroplanes to play?
A.  They were friends with a friend of mine who once lived in
Steventon.  I met then yesterday in Bristol and they're very nice
fellows [of course!].  They're playing Womad and then dashing straight
over.

Top banana.

And then in the preview for Truck 2000 Nightshift says:
The biggest coup of the year is getting 80s guitar-pop legends the Blue
Aeroplanes to play; their appearances have been limited to extremely
select gigs since they reformed recently.  Anyone who remembers their
packed gigs at the old Jericho Tavern will tell you they're worth the
price of the ticket alone.  They play the main Truck stage on the
Sunday where they'll be joined by headliners Unbelievable Truth...

Which is...nice.

http://www.truckrecords.com/festival/festivalindex.html

Tickets are now only 10 quid until the 15th July!

Jof

=====