List Archives

Re: 80s vs 90s albums

  • Subject: Re: 80s vs 90s albums
  • From: "Hans Degrauwe" <Hans.Degrauwe@ad...be>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:49:12 -0700

> >I wanna get hold of Beatsongs and later material.
> >But are these as good as Tolerance and Spitting out Miracles.
> >I've been in the wilderness far too long...
>
> Beatsongs is an amazing album.  Some of my favourites are on this album
> (Cardboard Box, Sixth Continent, My Hurricane).
I totally agree.
Carboard Box is one of the best BA-songs IMHO.
"Fun" is IMHO one of the best Rodney Allen songs.
"My hurricane" has a lot of fine guitars...
"Jack leaves & back spring" ... very, very good acoustic song.
"Colour Me" : guitars all over the place... (not in a heavy way, more
acoustic mixture of guitars...)
"Sixth COntinent" : A very fine songs to end a cd.

BEAT SONGS : My most favorite album of the BA's.  My advice : buy it...!!!
(Swagger follows very closely...)

Hans.

PS : Looking forward to seeing the Chameleons back again on Oct. 31th,
here
in Belgium... (haven't seen them since 1986 !)

> >Jonathan
> >
> >PS has Bop Art ever been re-released, it's a bugger to buy?
> >PPS Web-site recommendations for buying cds?
>

> http://www.auctionwatch.com/usearch/results.html?terms=Blue+Aeroplanes
>

> ---
> The Blue Aeroplanes mailing list.
> http://www.blueaeroplanes.com/