List Archives

Hazel Winter / Soft Boys

  • Subject: Hazel Winter / Soft Boys
  • From: "Paul Vallis" <paul@bo...madasafish.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:52:08 -0700

Kate - I'll be interested in your opinion on Hazel's album.  There hasn't
been much talk about it on here, which is surprising, but I guess she
wasn't
in the band all that long.

Let us know what the Soft Boys are like - you're getting them first and
we've salivating profusely!

Anyway, the band I'm in is called Infinite Monkeys.

No Aeros connections apart from me and John (lead guitar) being big fans,
despite the fact that the band is Bristol based and 4 of us were actually
born here.  With the number of people that have been through the Aeros
you'd
think at least one of us would have been in there somewhere, although our
keyboard player has been in so many bands he's probably played with some
of
them at some point.  We're a 6 piece - drums, bass, 2 guitars (electric
lead
and acoustic rhythm) and keys with me on vox, all original material.
There
is an Aero's influence on some of the stuff, but there are also bit and
pieces of The Band, The Attractions, REM, and a local promoter even
reckoned
we sounded a bit like early Roxy Music when he heard the demo recently,
and
who am I to argue!

We've been rehearsing alot recently and have been slack about getting our
demo out to venues (we are musos after all), but its out and about in
Bristol now with 2 venues definately going to put us on, just got to
arrange
dates and things.  I'll put a note out on this list when dates are
confirmed, and then if some of the locals come they can give you an
objective review.  For now you'll just have to take my word for it that we
are bloody excellent!

Paul