List Archives

Re: Spare tickets for Sunday

  • Subject: Re: Spare tickets for Sunday
  • From: Richard Wright <wright@se...com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 09:07:24 +0000

What was especially good was grabbing ten minutes with Rodney after the
gig as he was tidying his kit away. I first saw them at Liverpool Royal
Court on that R.E.M. tour in ‘89 I’d completely forgotten that it was not
long after Hillsborough and Stipe , who was unaware of the implications,
made a point of stopping a crush at the front of the stage. Rodney said
there was an earie silence as the crowd pulled itself back into shape
before the band started up again. BA were inspiring  that night and I
rushed out to get Swagger as soon as I could. Meeting Rodney and Gerard 30
years later after a lifetime in between was just great. Gerard said that
the new LP is complete but he’s restless and wants to tweak a few things
now some of the tracks have been played live.

Sent from my iPhone