List Archives

Re: Re: Beatsongs Reissue Delayed … Start At The End...

  • Subject: Re: Re: Beatsongs Reissue Delayed … Start At The End...
  • From: Ed <doc6502@ya...com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 22:53:45 -0500
  • Cc:

...I didn't.  I'm listening to Beatsongs Deluxe right now.  I had to. It showed up in the mail today.

Not sure if there's anything new on the first disc.  It's Beatsongs in original order.  However, I forgot how fucking meticulous the production is on this record.  So if there's any remastering done, I dunno what it is.  It certainly isn't the normal amped compression that you usually get.  The spaces in "My Hurricane" are a lot sharper.  The lead is crisper as well.  Tomorrow I'll get it on the stereo proper and give it a blast through the speakers.

I haven't listened to these songs in years.  Lots of myth here, good memories, Alexi Sayle-style "zhrunk" benders, bad breakups, mix tapes, etc.  It has been 21 years, after all.  Several haircuts and beards a go.  Even for the girls.

Looking forward to Disc 2 which has the mostly harmless unreleased stuff:

Pony Boy
Aeroplane Blues (L.A. Mix)
Buoy
Stranger
Trouble, Tell Me I'm Alive
Misfiring
Mean Time
Autumn Journal XV
Talkin' On The Otherphone
Disney Head

Liner notes were not very interesting.  But then again, I'm tired.  I'll read them tomorrow.

Been an embarrassment of new releases riches these last four months:  new Jazz Butcher, new Robyn Hitchcock solo, new Yo La Tengo, new Bowie.  Haven't been this excited about music in awhile.

Open your parachute ,

Doc