List Archives

Re: Dec 7th Gig

  • Subject: Re: Dec 7th Gig
  • From: Nathaniel Mumford <nathanielmumford@ho...com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:20:19 +0000

Sabrina, that's great - thanks very much. Worth the wait
In other news, I spotted that Amazon has the expanded Beatsongs listed for
release at the end of January. There's not a huge amount on the bonus disc
that hasn't already been collected elsewhere but there's an unreleased
tune 'Buoy' and the alternate version of Aeroplane Blues.
For some reason though there's Autumn Journal XV but no Autumn Journal
XXIV which was on the Yr Own World 12" but has never been on CD... unless
you were lucky / determined enough to get hold of one of the MacNeice LIT
cds. Can't be a copyright/permission issue, and it's a beautiful track, so
I'm curious as to why that's not on there.
Having said that, I once had Beatsongs on both vinyl and CD but 'lent'
both of them to people in the days when I was still trying to convert
everyone I met to the cult of the Aeroplanes. Needless to say I never saw
either again, so it's years since I heard stuff like 'Angelwords' - it
will be as good as new to these ears, at least.
Finally, on the gig - I recommend anyone going along gets there in time to
see Damn Vandals, who are excellent - a good old fashioned rock n roll
band with their tongues only very, very slightly in their cheeks. See you
there
Nat