List Archives

Re: Art Objects

  • Subject: Re: Art Objects
  • From: "gordon" <dwilhelmi@ti...co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 02:17:05 +0100

  Yes DrD
  the lyric sheet was included,and even though it was advertised as such,
I was still pretty chuffed to get it, and in good nick as well.
  It can indeed be cut and folded into a booklet, and you may or may not
remember that one of the panels actually has instructions on how to go
about it.
  The vinyl itself looks, and smells, pretty minto, but won't know until I
can make it unmint.
  There are two things the devisers of the CD format, and the next
generations
  of music reproduction, missed when they ditched vinyl.

  The smell of newly spun vinyl when you pull it out of the sleeve.
  The way the static sometimes made your hair reach out for it.
  The ability to roll a fat one on it.
  The SOUND.
  Even when buggered after too many party outings etc. you can usually get
SOMETHING out of it, and anyway, this denotes a certain lineage. When a CD
is buggered it's, well, a coaster isn't it ?

  Oops! That's five things they missed and counting, and almost completely
off topic. Still , nightmare train journey home forgotten.

  Dooooah !