List Archives

Saturation Point

  • Subject: Saturation Point
  • From: James Heb <heb_oz@ya...co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:50:08 +0100 (BST)

This is their [undeveloped] MySpace
  http://www.myspace.com/saturationpoint

  and their [yet to be developed] website (with one song though)
  http://www.saturationpoint.net/

  I was really gutted to miss them at the Mean Fiddler - I got there
early, but no-one at the venue could tell me who the supports were.
  None of the reports of earlier gigs mentioned they had played, so I went
off to get something to eat and missed them.
  Grrrr

  If they play London again, can someone please post it here?  Ta!

  This was their blurb from South West Sound
http://www.dartingtonplus.org.uk/southwestsound/band_saturation.htm
  "Line-up: Joe Allen - Bass
John Langley - Drums
Julian Poole - Guitar
  Biography:
  saturate vb 1. to fill, soak, or imbue totally. 2. to make (a chemical
compound, solution, etc.) 3. to bomb or shell heavily
  point n 4. the sharp, tapered end of a pin, knife etc. 5. a geometric
element having no dimensions whose position is located by means of its
coordinates.
  Instrumental music is often played by people who can't play songs. Not
here. With a pedigree that includes Strangelove, Witness, Blue Aeroplanes,
Baxter Dury, the Mekons and uh, Alison Moyet, the three members of
Saturation Point have backed enough talented weird people to know when to
shut up. So if they want to make a goddamn awe-inspiring racket based on
the entire history of noise from prog to post-rock who's going to stop
them?
  No.1 is the first recording by Saturation Point. Moody, episodic,
violent and reflective, it's a calling card from a band who want to come
round to your place, re-design your furniture, paint the walls green and
then blow your windows out. You want to sit there forever with that bland
shit echo ing from your speakers? Your choice, honey.
  Saturation Point are currently on tour with, and as, Blue Aeroplanes,
and can be seen in live venues around the country."

  And look what Google produced on Julian...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/music/2001/03/18/music1/setlist.shtml

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com