List Archives

88 Out Lyrics

  • Subject: 88 Out Lyrics
  • From: "David Hanson" <david_and_sarah@ho...com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:00:34 +0000
  • Bcc:

As 88 Out has made a guest appearence on the setlist I thought I'd try to decipher the lyrics.

I'm not convinced they're 100% right, but here's my effort:

88 Out Lyrics - The Blue Aeroplanes
======================

In the middle averages and out for the night
Cracked like some kind of nut
Send a card must bid farewell, must split two hearts
Wide of the mark was bid go high for everyone's sake
No conscience - that's right - why should I?

Come round. Come here. Come over!
Came in straight lines like everyone else
What's over there? Why should they care?
Broken subway shifted a gear. We've loaded our share
Were pushed till we dropped

Down a league, up for promotion, was up for the night
Was up for the cup, pushing all up
Like daisies under hard sidewalk

You're a hotel, I never realised
Wide of the mark, wide boys. White out!
White out!
[Shouted] White out!

Now with all these wide boys who are wide of the mark
Hello? So I'm dead wrong
Missions that cracked like some kind of poor kid don't understand
Like some kind of poor kid
Like some kind of poor kid that just don't understand!
Get rich quick! All out

Let me know if you can improve on them.

Thanks,

David.