List Archives

RE: Matters arising

  • Subject: RE: Matters arising
  • From: "Paul Vearncombe" <paul_vearncombe@ho...com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:39:46 +0000
  • Bcc:

Oh, Lordy.

I've not been contributing much lately and as a result I've just sat down and waded through the accumulated 70-odd emails. I've noticed two things.

1. Tension. Can something which brings extra publicity to our favourite band be so terrible? I hardly feel qualified to comment, since I have no idea what MySpace is or what it does. I have followed the link to a website but I'm none the wiser. Still, if Lisa's setting up what sounds very much like a website dedicated to the Aeros, well that's great. Isn't it? Well done, Lisa! I think.

2. Technology. "MySpace". "Torrent". "MP3". "Copy Protection". "Creative Labs Zen". What a strange and terrifying world we live in. I wonder what it all means. When did I get that old? Still, I understand enough to know that when I read the bitter comments from a customer on the Amazon website about copy protection it was enough to put me off of buying Swagger for the moment. Anything that makes life difficult is not worth bothering with. It's hard enough for me to keep up with all this tech as it is.

Right, that's me back in my box for a spell.

PV2