List Archives

Re: Brighton

  • Subject: Re: Brighton
  • From: "gordon" <dwilhelmi@ti...co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:15:31 +0100

  I thought it was rather better than that, in fact I really rather enjoyed
the whole set. I was pretty determined to mind you; this Kemptown gig was
always one I was undecided on until the Pompey gig was scratched.
  I therefore spent a good couple of hours chasing a ticket, with the guy
in
the Hanbury Arms at one point saying it was sold out !

  Gerrard and Max Noble were having a drink the second time I went back,
and
for a moment I considered giving them a sob story, but instead asked
Gerrard
about the Pompey cancellation.

  Somebody, somewhere didn't do what they were supposed to apparently, and
he bemoaned the drop in standards from the old days.

  I felt right at home after that, unashamed Grumpy Old Man that I am.

  Altitude formed the spine of the set, but being unfamiliar with some of
the material, I lost track of the playlist.

  Raise the Roof did.
  Tree Full of Starlings is beautiful.....
  Beautiful Is... got in there, as did
  Up in a Down World, I think.
  Jacket...
  ..and Stones
  The Applicant were pretty much in a chunk, and predictably brilliant.
  Spitting Out... was an unexpected treat, but
  Days Of 49 was a highlight for me, even without fiddle.
  Yr Own World was fun.
  Did Colour Me get played ?

  Detective Song, yes, and, of course
  Breaking.......

  Anybody out there with the definitive list ?

  And how about Norwich tonight ?

  Gerrard did also say, rather teasingly, that the Mean Fiddlr gig should
be
good. Dunno whether he said that because he realised I was down from the
smoke, or for another reason.

  Bothered ! Got tickets for that one.

  Goodnight