List Archives

Re: RE: Discography

  • Subject: Re: RE: Discography
  • From: Bruce Smith <bruce_smith@ta...com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:20:00 +0000 (GMT)

I've got that compilation of covers of No.1 hits, think it might be called
Ruby Trax.

  The rendition of Bad Moon Rising is excellent, only surpassed when they
played it on stage (along with all the support band(s?)) at the old  Mean
Fiddler in Harlsden at about the time the CD thing was released.  Around
1992 ?.

  Bruce.

"Kirby, Jason" <J.R.Kirby@lj...ac.uk> wrote:There  were tracks released on
at least 2 NME CD's not included in the list as  far as I could tell. One
was called 'Viva-Eight' and had a live track  (I think) and the other one
I can't remember the name of but it was a  compilation of covers of No.1
hits by various bands. The Blue  Aeroplanes did 'Bad Moon Rising' by
Creedence Clearwater Revival.  Gerard once told me he wanted to do 'Goodie
Two Shoes' by Adam and the  Ants' but was outvoted by the rest of the
band. I can't quite imagine  Gerard going 'don't drink, don't smoke, what
do you do?' can you?

Regards

Jason