List Archives

RE: SXSW...

  • Subject: RE: SXSW...
  • From: "Ed Griffin" <ed@fa...co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:57:52 -0000

Tales from Texas...

I visited my cousin in Austin years ago - a great place for live music.
Every other building is a bar with a band playing in it as you walk down
'6th Street' (catchy name). Amazingly we even got drunk on American beer -
but there were an awful lot of bars and bands to check out....! We weren't
there for the festival though but I can imagine what the festival is like.
Not like Glastonbury!

A friend also had one of his bands, The Immediate - (shameless plug alert!
-
www.supremorecordings.com) invited and they had a great time.  A great
honour/publicity coup apparently. SXSW is more of an 'alternative music'
trade festival for the industry to showcase bands, but they need music
lovers as well.  I'd guess you could get tickets for each individual venue
if you wanted. But a bit of a long cycle ride from NY or LA... you'll be
late home for tea afterwards.

Ed