List Archives

Finally made it!

  • Subject: Finally made it!
  • From: Lisa Ash <chipaway@th...freeserve.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:03:42 +0000

Wey heey!

Many apologies for not being here the last couple of days and so not being able to respond to the emails I've been sent off or on the list and thanks Paul for letting everyone know earlier! Bloody Internet signal has been down and couldn't get online. Do these people not know that I'm a busy woman!?! (I'm too scared to even check eBay - gonna have a million old women moaning at me now that their life will not be worth living as they didn't get their 'original vintage" (yeah, right!) toilet roll on time or sommin... Still, knickers to them, I've got more important things to catch up on here!)

Am now typing through the muggy haze of a hangover, so bear with me...

Well HELL! Last night was effin' BRILLIANT wannit?! I wont go on in a review-type styley coz, well, you guys have already done it and... umm... well I was a bit pissed so can't actually remember technicalities! Will say though that it was finally utterly FANTASTIC to be able to put all the names on here to faces. Bit embarrassing at one point coz it must've looked like I was holding court up the back of the Borderline with all these lovely men round me ...but I'm not complaining ;o)

Was fun guessing who everyone was and Paul, no I didn't notice your shirt was Robyn Hitchcock! (GAH!) And a special thanks to Phil Hendry for inadvertently saving me from a near miss from being kicked in the head by Wojtek as he swung from the rafters! (Wasn't that ACE! I've not been around long enough to have ever seen that before! Have there ever been any accidents?!). So cheers everyone (*holds up all the glasses of wine!*). Paul, Phil H, Phil M, Alastair, Nathaniel, Nick, Evyand and everyone else - you're all very nice indeed :o) (I still say Evyand looks like Alvin Stardust! Alvin is one of my heroes by the way Evyand, so it's not a bad thing!). Hope everyone got home safely.

I was backstage with Ann and Evyand afterwards and everyone was on such a high. I don't know what's happened to this band though - John Langley has gone all super streamlined, dashing and trim, I don't recall Rodney looking anything other than, well, a bit cross to be frank(!) and Gerard kept reminding me of Vic Reeves in that suit! I think I even flirted with Wojtek afterwards (oh dear!), telling him he had an amazing torso! (God, PLEASE don't ever let me do that again!)

Haven't spoken to G yet, thought I'd leave it a couple of days, but will forward all the emails about last night onto him and get his thoughts and stuff about the gig so I can report back to you all. All in all though, what a freakin' weird and wonderful evening, bring on the Mean Fiddler and if I said or did anything out of tuen in my drunken state, I can only apologise!

Right.  Sofa, soup, Malcolm In The Middle.
I'm not fit for anything else!

F*ckin' ACE night - thanks everyone!
Love,
Lis