List Archives

More Good News...!!!

  • Subject: More Good News...!!!
  • From: Lisa Ash <chipaway@th...freeserve.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:42:50 +0100

Just spoke to Gerard, gotta coupla things to tell you, which I hope will spread joy and happiness across BOTH continents this time! :o) ...Okay, well, maybe not the first one (sorry America!), but hopefully the second!

1. (Info also at:) http://www.jazzbutcher.com/htdb/gigs/2004/Oct1.html)
FRIDAY 1st OCTOBER 2004
GERARD LANGLEY & RODNEY ALLEN
BEE CHURCH
PAUL COX
at
THE LABOUR CLUB,
CHARLES ST, NORTHAMPTON NN1
"...Masters of Budvar is a monthly live music night at the Labour Club, Charles Street, Northampton NN1. It takes place on the first Friday of every month and entry is always free of charge. There is a friendly atmosphere, very reasonably priced drinks and the best little sound system in town. For nine months now we have been presenting the cream of Northampton's original musical talent, along with guest artists from London, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds and Southampton. It is a night not to be missed for all music lovers..." (or so it says on the website!)

2. Gerard's up for a kind of interview type thing if you guys wanna throw stuff at him! I've been talking to him for ages about the stuff we talk about here - all the unanswered questions regarding albums, songs, him, lyrics, etc. (and he's well chuffed that people really still love talking about it all) and we were saying that it might be a plan to get you lot to post all your questions and I could get the answers for you...?! Obviously, he's well up for it and happy to answer anything, given enough beer (no, no, don't worry about my Spaghetti Carbonara going cold while I sit writing down ream after ream about who the "young saint" working miracles holding a book and a skull is!), so - as long as Mr. Administrator Bloke (I'm so sorry, I can't remember which one of you it is! I'm blonde, have the memory of a goldfish and, to be fair... usually drunk...!) doesn't mind us doing it in here, I'm happy to take all the questions (or whatever you wanna say!) with me when I meet him in a coupla weeks for said boozing (and, if I'm honest, hopefully an Italian! Weyheeey!). If you don't wanna post stuff here, then you could also email it to me at chipaway@th...freeserve.co.uk (all very private and cosy! That's nice!). So, rack dem brains and I'll sharpen me pencil! It can literally be anything and he's very nice, so don't be shy! Once I've got all the responses from him, I'll type 'em up and we'll have our own little biog-y thing - all for free and with no prannying around. (Okay, well maybe one of you can get me a pint in at The Fiddlers...?!) Good 'ere innit?! ;o)

(As an aside, if we can keep the post headings as something ovbvious, like "to my darling Gerard..." or sommin, that would help me sort through them to print off.)

Hope this compensates for UK Christmas gig-gloating!

Love,
Lis