List Archives

Re: Gerard!

  • Subject: Re: Gerard!
  • From: EDoxtator <doc6502@ya...com>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:16:31 -0700 (PDT)

--- Nick Walters <nickw@bl...co.uk> wrote:

> ...He told me how Wojtek once cycled from London to Bristol to knock on
> Gerard's door.

And then he turned around and went back?  I hope Gerard gave him a cuppa at
least.

> We chatted about Robyn Hitchcock, who is playing Bristol in December,

Yeah, he's playing in Milwaukee, WI 5th November.  Not that I pay
attention to
that sort of thing or anything...

> Robyn's backing group of 2 years ago contained some ex-Aeroplanes (Tim
> Keegan
> and AN Other)

Yeah, Jake Kyle (bass, double bass, vocals).  They went on with two other
fellas (Patrick and I can't remember the other guy) to form Homer (who were
Robyn's backing band on the "Moss Elixir" album).  Homer mutated into
Departure
Lounge, who've released three of the most gorgeous rekkids humanity.
("Out Of
Here", "Jetlag Dreams", "Too Late To Die Young").  Jake left the band last
year.

 - no surprise really cos isn't everyone an ex-plane?

Not me.  I'd like to be an ex-plane.  Maybe someday.  I really need to get
back
to playing guitar.

-Doc