List Archives

Gerard! (Redux)

  • Subject: Gerard! (Redux)
  • From: "Nick Walters" <nickw@bl...co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:32:27 +0100

Saw him again on Saturday. I was in a No. 54 bus [lazy, I know, but it was
p!ssing down and I was hungover] just coming up to the Temple Meads stop.
He was walking past the newsagent's carrying a furled umbrella and
frowning up at the sky, as if by gurning at them he could clear away the
clouds. I expect he'd just emerged from the Reckless Engineer after an
early afternoon of liquid refreshment, and was on his way home for a pie.

I didn't shout out or ring my bike bell, it being at home on my bike; I
considered dashing forward and asking the 'drive' to honk his horn, but
the moment was gone.

NW1001010101011