List Archives

RE: Gig ot no gig?

  • Subject: RE: Gig ot no gig?
  • From: "Paul Vallis" <paulvallis@ho...com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:28:27 +0000

Not sure about Ashton Court yet. Last year was just an acoustic set from Gerard, Rodney and Joff. It was arranged at the last minute to cover for another act who had pulled out. The decisions have been made on who is playing, as I know a couple of people who have received reject letters this week!

However, this week's venue magazine carries an advert from Fiddlers in Bristol (where they played at Xmas) listing a Planes gig on Thursday 1st July. Whether this is actually happening or not I've no idea, as I assume it would have been to tie in with the London date that was planned for 3rd July, which has since been postposed. Its not on Fiddlers website either.

Massive Attack have quite a few dates around that time - festivals and Brixton Academy - so I assume Angelo won't be a part of it, if indeed it does happen at all.

Anyone got any inside info?

PV1