List Archives

RE: hey, friendsloversplanes.....

  • Subject: RE: hey, friendsloversplanes.....
  • From: Howard Bishop <hbishop@ph...com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 08:37:36 +0100

Dunno if it's the best, but the one I keep coming back to is the British
Sea
Power debut. It doesn't come close to capturing the rush of the band in
full
flow live (no bears or herons for a start), but it still has the same dark.
Joint second .... The Shins (Chutes Too Narrow) [an album to listen to
under
the duvet on a cold winter's morning] and Chris T-T (London Is Sinking) [a
personal portrait of England's capital and the world at large, a musical
Peter Ackroyd?, alternately bleak and uplifting].