List Archives

July 2nd gig

  • Subject: July 2nd gig
  • From: Nick White <magichats@ya...co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:54:49 +0000 (GMT)

July 2nd it is then - it'll be good to see them back
in London again.  The Borderline is a great venue too.

> ATTACHMENT part 3.5 message/rfc822
> From: "edward gay" <edwardgay@ho...com>
> To: blueplanes@st...net
> Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:45:06 +0000
> Subject: [Blueplanes] Report on Gerards Gig at
> Wimbledon Library 4/3

---------------------------------
Very intimate surroundings.Gig held as part of Merton
Writers festival in a small gallery above
library.About 50 people attending.Gerrard headlining
supported by jane Bom-Bane and Philip Jeays.Collared
Gerard outside Gallery.Asked him about the new
Aeroplanes album.He informed me the album had been
finished 3 years ago but that at the time music had
been going thru a dance phase.Now guitar bands are
back in vogue hes going to release it this year(he
assured me)along with a remastered and expanded
version of Swagger which he and the Aeroplanes will be
playing cuts from when they perform at Londons
Borderline Club on the 2nd July.His performance was
great accompanied by someone from the Aeroplanes
called Bill on electric guitar.He spoke from his
poetry book playing Jacket Hangs;Love Comes Round;Jack
Leaves;Ashtrays from Mt Etna;Grass:a song about where
he lives near Victoria Park;Bagpipe Music;Tolerance.