List Archives

vintage Langley on CD.....

  • Subject: vintage Langley on CD.....
  • From: Drdaeve@ao...com
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 15:21:48 EST

Friendsloversplanes....

if you visit this webpage...

http://www.sugarshackrecords.co.uk/diary/default.htm

...you can purchase Western Stars Vol 1 - The Bands That Built Bristol, a
compilation which includes 'Hard Object' by the Art Objects - Langley's
precursor
project to the Blue Aeroplanes. Features Gerard and John Langley & is a
total
classic track...savage apolalyptic guitar frenzy.....the other survivor
from
that era is Wojtek. I'm old enough to remember the Art Objects performing
this
live...they were pretty full-on in those days, several guitars, mad
dancing..well, like the BAs. Identical, in my view, apart from the name.
Last time I
mentioned the Art Objects to GL (backstage at Exeter Uni on the Swagger
tour) he
basically disowned this early work, said it was all rubbish...don't know
if
Hard Object has been remastered or what for this compilation....if you
trawl
the site you'll find a list of Bristol gigs from 1977-1981...note that GL
has
been doing his thing for 26 years...also on the compilation are tracks by
'Various Artists' - who were the Art Objects minus GL and WD...

stay cool brothers & sisters

DrDx