List Archives

Re: the gig next week

  • Subject: Re: the gig next week
  • From: "Hein Hurkmans" <viewblue@xs...nl>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:17:19 +0100

Only this week I found out I am able to make it to the Shrewsbury-gig. I
feel a privileged man! As the planes are either sick of water, or afraid
of flying I haven't seen them in my home country (Holland) anymore since
1995. So, the only way to catch them live is to cross the Northsea one
more time. And...the fresh experience of the Fiddlers' show is still
resonating. I will travel with my youngest brother Dennis, who in fact
introduced the band in my life in the autumn of 1990, the year of the
"Swagger"-release (a concert in Utrecht, a revelation that I will not
gladly forget about). So, on Wednesday Jan 21 we'll fly in to London and
take the bus to Shrewsbury. As far as I understood in Bristol, tickets can
just be bought at the door, or am I mistaken about that ? We also are
looking for (cheap) accomodation. I'm searching the internet, but any good
advice is welcome. See you all next week!

Hein