List Archives

Re: Sculpture Shed

  • Subject: Re: Sculpture Shed
  • From: "Nev's Hotmail" <nevstreet@ho...com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:15:44 -0000

Richard

Absolutely fascinating stuff! The first time I saw them was indeed at the
Western Star Domino club nearly 20 years ago - with Jon Stapleton. It was
quite brilliant and Jon really added to the whole performance, which
unfortunately couldn't be replicated and never really worked at the larger
venues. The Hope Centre (plastic sheeting and all that jazz) in '86 was
another classic.

Live version of Breaking in My Heart from that era summed it up well and
introed with an audio out take from Thunderbirds (I think)  - "The rockets
motors, they've fired, we're moving away from the sun, we're gonna live!"
Great stuff .... and so on....