List Archives

RE: Cavaliers, new stuff, whisky an d people called Philip

  • Subject: RE: Cavaliers, new stuff, whisky an d people called Philip
  • From: "Philip Hendry" <philip.hendry@bb...co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:38:42 -0000

Phil the nth here....

Cavaliers has always sounded like a random collection of ideas rather
than a polished collection of finished songs.....like an artist's sketch
pad rather than the gallery hung masterpiece.....but when your artist is
possibly hungry and outside the gallery unable to afford to have his
work properly framed and considered we should not suggest he abandons
the canvas for good.....
Record Player...hey guys we were warned it was going to be lo-fi...I
know we all adore the layered beauty, depth and resonance of Swagger and
it's ilk......and have probably been spoilt for choice...but it still
produced Art Star - the best hit single never to be released.....
I love Gerard and will forgive him almost anything, even been a surly
difficult bugger at times......so come on stop the introspection and
navel gazing.....anyway shouldn't we all be out doing last minute
christmas shopping......if we're not then lets here some views on why
there are so many Phils on the web address...what is it about Phils and
the Aeros....are we all born in the 60s when it was a popular name
because the queen married a Philip...that was my mum's poor excuse. And
is it just me but isn't Philip a gay hairdressers name ? Isn't Phil so
much more manly.....
I digress.....
Whiskey...hate the stuff...give me gin or rum any day.....
Phil the nth.