List Archives

The bits I picked up from the gig

  • Subject: The bits I picked up from the gig
  • From: THOLLYDOG@cs...com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:02:37 EST

Brilliant gig, especially ‘breaking in my heart’. The line-up  or players
(as Mr Pat Fish puts it) were, from what I recognised:

Jake Kyle: Bass Joff Lowson: Banjo/Guitar       Richard Bell: Guitar
Paul Wigens: Drums  Gerard: microphone adjustment   John Langley: Bongo’s
Wojteck:Spoons     Nick Jacobs:guitar/knee height vocals    Mystery
guitarist: ?

The songs I picked out, apart from those mentioned were: Raise the roof
(if
that’s what it’s called)/ Beautiful Is-opened by Gerard as: ‘an old new
one’ -or something along those lines / Had it all, Lost it / Winter Sun(NJ
on
vox) / Jacket Hangs / Lovers all around.

Fiddlers, as a venue was great (apart from air temp & dodgy Butcombe- but
I’m
beer fussy and Saturday night in Bristol was bloody freezing). To describe
it
is nothing like, but similar to, in brick style and intimacy: The Cavern
Club
or the small gig place in Exeter, but it has really good seated space for
pre-gig drinking/chatting.

Personally, it was the best gig for years, with a cracking line-up, even
though the Evening Post had promised Angelo’s appearance (as already
mentioned). Anyway I must be boring die-hard, insomniacs by
now........Bloody
Brilliant gig.
Cheers,
Tom.