List Archives

gig news

  • Subject: gig news
  • From: "MikeG" <mikeg@si...com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:38:18 +0100

The good news is that the threatened tube strike for next Thursday here in
London is definately off !!!!
Pat (JAZZ BUTCHER) Fish is confirmed as support, should be a great
night....see you there.

PRESS RELEASE          mmm.nice!.No 2 :   Wednesday 17th          October:
12 Bar Club,London: £6

 Gerard Langley   (Blue Aeroplanes)

"total poetic guitar-bejewelled rock n roll folk art lets dance godstar
unalloyed alcoholic genius" SELECT

+ support from :    Pat Fish (aka Jazz Butcher)

A great double header for our second night in the series.The leading light
of the eclectic Blue Aeroplanes is Gerard Langley - vocalist and poet
extraordinaire. Blue Aeroplanes burst out of Bristol in a pyrotechnic blur
of dulcimers, bagpipes, turntables, dancing and lots of guitars. With
Langley at the core, some thirty members have passed through the ranks of
Blue Aeroplanes as they have released a string of acclaimed records and
acquired a cast iron reputation for awesome live work. This acoustic show
is a rare chance to witness the Langley phenomena at close quarters, his
quixotic poetic stream continues to flow unabated, three or four
multi-instrumentalist friends will join Gerard on the night.

 "Pat Fish / Jazz Butcher is one of the most brilliantly incisive pop
writers that Britain has produced since the glory days of Ray Davies and
Peter Townsend. Criminally overlooked by a media obsessed by the nest big
thing instead of what is actually good. A truly great songwriter" ALAN
McGHEE

make a date in your diary for :  mmm.nice!.No3

Carl Puttnam : (legendary frontman of the glorious CUD - a real coup this
one, his first London gig for 7 years!)

Wednesday 21st November, 12 Bar Club,  £6

 For more info :   mmm promotions. 020 8540 6463  : Mike G