List Archives

The Voice Of Truth

  • Subject: The Voice Of Truth
  • From: "Doc" <blueaero@ya...com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:43:08 -0700

--- "Nora K. Horsfall" <nora@bl...com> wrote:
> 3. Apologies to anyone who's either already aware of this or doesn't
> care, but Aeroplanes cohorts the Jazz Butcher will be doing a 20+
date
> tour of the US in April/May. I've seen them in London, San Francisco
> and Hamburg since 1995 and it will definitely be worth checking this
> tour out.  Details: http://www.jazzbutcher.com

Nora speaks truth.  These guys are SO worth it.  Pat Fish (who more or
less IS the Jazz Butcher) sang on "Beatsongs", played guitar and
co-wrote "Whatever Happened To Our Golden Birds?" on "Rough Music", and
played organ on "Cavaliers" (but I dunno what track cos I haven't
gotten the disc yet).

If you're a Chicagoan, the band will be playing 10th April at Schuba's.
 You can find details on their web page (www.schubas.com).

Thanks for letting me plug.

-Doc

=====
"I have been a member of the Committe of the MCC and of a Conservative
cabinet, and by comparason with the cricketers, the Torries seem like a
bunch of Commies."  -Viscount Mockton