List Archives

Re: Bristol connections

  • Subject: Re: Bristol connections
  • From: <badgerboy@ta...com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 02:13:55 -0700

Did you see All About Eve support The Mish at the Studio! I was there too,
the following week The Cult (just before they turned into an all-out rawk
outfit) played at the Colston Hall. Ahhh those were the days.

It was around that time that a mate of mine claimed to have seen Gerard
Langley sitting in Broadmead with a battered typewriter on his lap. We
assumed he was tapping out some beat poetry or suchlike but was there
really any need for him to make such a public display of it?

What do you think?

BB
> Tenuous Bristol connections
>
>Lived in Swindon for 7 years, so Bristol was my main stomping ground for
entertainment :

>Beer festivals. The balloon fest. Trips to Ashton Gate when the Latics
were in town. The Bierkeller (The Men They Couldn't Hang, etc.), Studio
(The Mish/All About Eve/Alarm etc) and of course the mighty 'Planes on
home turf.

>Went out with a nice lass from Bristol too for a while, which under the
6-nations rules on nationality qualifies my pet hamster to play stand-off
for Scotland (or something).