List Archives

Re: Dead Can Dance

  • Subject: Re: Dead Can Dance
  • From: "Jof Powell" <jof@ya...com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:13:02 -0700
  • Cc: <phillmerchant@ho...com>

Their middle period stuff is the best - esp The Serpent's Egg.  It's
strange rhythmic, middle eastern chanty stuff.  Fantastic.  I like Aeon
a lot too, and you wouldn't go too far wrong with Toward the Within
(live, slightly more conventional songs), and Into the Labyrinth.

The last (Spiritchaser) is more African influenced - and the early
couple of albums I can't vouch for, as I don't own them.

Hope that helps!

Jof

=====